Friday, February 6, 2009

My week in review...


To update everyone on my last blog, because I KNOW that you have been wondering, I stayed up until 4 am Monday night finishing my project. It wasn't pleasant. Not one bit.
Tuesday was a long day. After work I went to the funeral home to pay my respects to a wonderful lady. My friend Tabitha's great grandmother passed away and she was definitely one of a kind and will be missed dearly. Her pastor told a story of her (in her late 80s/early 90s mind you) participating in a potato sack race with all the kids at church! Love it!
Wednesday after work I went to the first meeting with our small groups from church. We had a really great discussion and bible study. We are reading Habakkuk. We're talking about when God seems unfair and how we handle it. What do you do when you are in the valley and God seems far away? It was really interesting hearing everyone's points of view. I can't wait until next week.
Thursday was just one of those days. I was late to work (no surprise), had an explosion in the kitchen with a package of raisins (nothing like crawling around on the floor picking up raisins at 8:30 in the morning), and various other frustrations that were all a result of my current stress level from feeling overwhelmed by life. To de-stress afterwards, I completely ignored all school responsibilities and enjoyed watching Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, etc.., talking on the phone, and spending way too much time on Facebook. I also got my hair cut and colored. Yay! The gray hair was definitely winning the battle on my head so it was nice to see them disappear.

(SwoooOoShhh...I'm ready for my shampoo commercial now.)

Today I discovered that (and sorry if everyone else but me knew this already) they have BAKED CHEETOS! Now of course I know this doesn't make them the healthiest of snack choices, but they are BAKED and that makes me feel a little bit better about my decision to eat them.

Chester Cheetah is the man.


Now I am off to get some work done! I have an Advocacy poster due on Monday and I have yet to start on it. At least it's not the night before...


No comments:

Post a Comment